Facilities Use for Meetings and Events
Per State 4-H policy, volunteers cannot sign facility use agreements/applications. Please see the State 4-H policy regarding "License Agreements for Use of Facilities (FUA)" found on their website in the policy chapter 10 for full details.
The Santa Barbara County 4-H volunteer that is Coordinating or Chairing the 4-H meeting or event must be sure to plan as far in advance as possible to give plenty of time for all of the necessary paperwork to be completed and forwarded to the required parties in time of the event. They must be sure to have decided on alternate dates and alternate facility possibilities.
Our office requires at least a month prior to the first meeting or the event date to process the paperwork as it has to go to several people before it is completed. We need to accommodate for furloughs, vacations, sick days, meetings, conferences, etc.; these things slow the process down.
The volunteer must
- Contact the facility and ask for all information regarding using their facility;
- All other requirements from them
- Ask if the event could be placed on the calendar (even tentatively)
Be prepared with alternate dates and inquire of those if the preferred date is not available. Ask for available dates if the alternate dates are also not available.
- Ask for the web address where all the required forms can be completed and printed
If the forms are not available on their website, the volunteer needs to have them mailed to them (or go pick them up)
- Read all forms completely
- Fill out ALL the information that pertains to the meeting(s)/event(s)
THE VOLUNTEER MUST NOT SIGN THE FORM(S). ONLY THE COUNTY DIRECTOR (OR ACTING COUNTY DIRECTOR) MAY SIGN.
Name or Organization must always be UC Regents
- Submit all required paperwork to the county 4-H office ATTN: 4-H Facilities Use, no less than 30 business days before the first meeting or event (60 days or more is best).
Once the paperwork has been processed, the facility will be sent the original with a self-addressed envelope to provide us a copy of the completed paperwork.
Once the facility returns a copy of the completed paperwork to the county 4-H office, a copy will be made and sent to the volunteer in charge of the meeting/event.
- Provide the county 4-H office with the facility contact information
- Representative name
- Phone number
- E-mail (if available)
- Facility address
- Keep a copy of the completed paperwork on file to take to each meeting and event in case needed.
Calendar the expiration date so that the club (committee) can re-submit new paperwork a minimum of 30 days prior (60 days or more is best) to the current paperwork expiring.
- If the facility does not provide or have a facility use agreement form please contact the Santa Barbara County 4-H Office.
If the meeting or event has fees they require for registration to the event;
- The volunteer in charge of collecting the money must complete a Request for Disbursement Form.
Who Do I Call If I Have Questions About An Event?
If you have questions about an event, please contact the Event Chair or contact person listed on the event flyer.
What If I Have Special Needs?
We will make every effort to accommodate special needs. Please call the Event Chair or the 4-H Office at (805) 893-3410 to tell us how we can help.